Monday, January 19, 2009

Worldview

A huge day in America's History today. I love America but we can't get so wrapped up in what is happening in our little world. I love when I get a clearer picture of what the world looks like. I ran across this post yesterday and it made me think about what is the way I see the world.

Six billion people on the planet. If we reduce that population to a one hundred people, proportionately,

57 of those people come from Asia

21 from Europe

14 from North and South America

8 from Africa

49 would be women

51 would be men

68 would still not be able to read and write

6 of those people would own and control 50% of the world’s wealth, all of those six people would be US citizens

1 of those people would have just been born

1 of those people is about to die

Only 1 of those people have been to college.

On planet earth…

One third of the world’s population is dying from a lack of bread.

One third is dying from lack of justice.

One third is dying from over-eating.

How do you see the world? I see it in need of hope. I love the way President Obama is calling people to action and giving people tools to make a change reveal some hope at www.usaservice.org. I know real, true, and lasting hope comes through a right relationship with our creator not service projects. Although, service does reveal our hearts desire to change the world with God love revealed through Jesus Christ. So get off the sidelines and make a change in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment