Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wedding

I am going this weekend to perform a wedding. My first one and I have this overwelming peace right now that everything will go well. I know that as the day approaches my stomach will turn in anticipation. Butterflies in my stomach is something I deal with every time I speak whether in front of 5 people or hundreds. I think it focuses my thoughts to have a physical reminder to continue to study or run over what I am talking about. That is why I love being a pastor every week I am on the line for something I know that if God doesn't show up I will look like a complete moron. After years of God showing up to speak through me it gives me so much confirmation that the Holy Spirit is real and active. I think it is sad how many Christians don't push themselves to the point of getting butterflies in their stomach to do something to make Jesus famous. Without pushing ourselves we limit our experience of knowing God. What have you done lately that you could not do unless God shows up?

No comments:

Post a Comment