Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh $%*#

That is likely what came out of that kid's mouth, when he was hit with the reality of having his head stuck. He had to be scared and embarrassed over making that mistake. I noticed on yahoo today about a man who had an Oh $%*# moment and tried to fake his death in a plane crash to get rid of the embarrassment, fear, and shame. His name was Marcus Schrenker and as an investment banker he got caught cheating people out of millions of dollars and was being forced to pay it all back in addition to jail time. Marcus also was getting a divorce as well as just have his stepfather die. He escaped the crash by parachute and went in hiding until yesterday. They found him in campground in Florida with his wrist cut and wanting to die. In a suicide letter he said "I embarrassed my family for the last time." Marcus took into his hands to fix all the mistakes the easiest way possible but in reality made things worse.

Reminds me that fixing our problems ourselves makes them worse. Mistakes are meant to be lived through and used to provide deeper understanding of how to live your life in the future. You can't change past mistakes and running doesn't make them go away. My mistakes given over to great God can be redeemed and used for the good of others. In Hebrews 13 I am reminded God promises to never leave me or forsake me. It is crazy that God never gives up on me but I often desire to say Oh $%*# I did it again stop believing in myself

Praise the God of the 2nd Chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment