Wednesday, January 7, 2009

One Man and One Boy

Big weekend coming up this week! Terri is heading out for a bachelorette party for her sister, so it will just be Tripp and I. Hoping it will be a fun weekend for him. He loves playing with mom and Terri is so intentional when it comes to how to interact with him. She will be missed by us both. I have not decided what we will do but I am planning to use this time to do something different from the ordinary to start building memories with my son. I know he is young but it is never to early to start. Traditions and events have to start sometime. I desire to be a Dad that shows life lessons as we spend time together.

I can remember one the important lessons I learned from my Dad that is seared in my brain is that when you borrow something you give it back in better shape than you recieved it. He said that when he was working on a car and I was watching. He borrowed a tool and in the process of fixing the car damaged the tool. Dad left to buy a new one to replace the one he damaged. That event says alot about my dad and issues of integrity are caught not so much taught.

So I am seeking creativity, energy, and fun. I am gearing up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment