Thursday, January 29, 2009

Reminders

I read a daily devotional by Frederick Buechner. Today, I read this little bit and it just jumped of the page.

"To journey for the sake of saving our own lives is little by little to cease to live in any sense that really matters, even to ourselves, because it is only by journeying for the world's sake ----even when the world bores and sickens and scares you half to death ---- that little by little we start to come alive. It was not a conclusion that I came to in time. It was a conclusion from beyond time that came to me. God knows I have never been any good at following the road it pointed me to, but a least, by grace, I glimpsed the road and saw that it is the only one worth traveling."
Frederick Buechner, Listening to Your Life

Maybe, It stirred my spirit because I will be preaching on Feb. 22nd about serving the church. Or maybe I just love to be reminded why I travel down this road of faith. God came from beyond time to reveal Himself to me and I respond by giving all of me back to Him. Paul talks about this in the first chapter of his letter to the Ephesians. Often we need to be reminded more than instructed on Godly living. Let this serve as a reminder

No comments:

Post a Comment