Thursday, January 22, 2009

Come, Lord Jesus

Revelation 22:20

"Yes, I am coming soon."
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

I have been racking my brain over something lately. In this political season I have heard a few well meaning Christian say that they wish Jesus would come because their candidate didn't win. I am conflicted and it has been bothering me, not because of the statement, but the spirit in which it seems to be said. Often it comes off as fear of the unknown and like the world has gotten to be to much for them. It is cowardly. God doesn't stop working because this world is evil. I have fear often but I must remember I have the spirit of God living inside of me, as a Christ follower, and perfect love drives out fear. Also, God is patient not wishing that any should perish. Do we really understand what it means that Jesus is coming to judge? All those that don't know Him are eternally doomed. Doesn't that break your heart for those you love that don't know Him? We need commitment to the mission of God not tunnel vision on the obstacles.

I understand what Paul is talking about in Philippians 1 "I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me."

Jesus open blinded eyes! Give me wisdom and understanding. I don't want the easy way out, but anoint me to push forward your Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment