Friday, January 2, 2009

Brand New Day

I was late getting into a the new Joshua Radin CD. I got it with all the itunes gift cards from Christmas. As I was listening to it one song stuck out to me because the theme made me stop and play it again. The song is "Brand New Day". Listen to it on youtube or myspace but here are some of the words.

Joshua Radin "Brand New Day"

Most kind of stories
Save the best part for last
Most stories have a hero who finds
You make your past your past
Ya you make your past your past

It’s a brand new day
The sun is shinning
It’s a brand new day
For the first time
In such a long long time
I know
I’ll be ok

This cycle never ends
Gotta fall in order to mend

It's not christian artist, as far as I know, but he hits the Christian gospel message head on. A Hero who finds us and makes the past the past. The last line reminds me of Jesus words about personal growth in John 12 "I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds." Reminds me everyone is looking to be redeemed from the past. They just need to be shown that Hero they are looking for.

2 comments:

  1. yeah - love that song - strongest on the album. your insight encourages and challenges me.

    bbjn

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks I have really enjoyed writing and am glad you are reading it. I know I make a lot of mistakes but it helps to clarify my thoughts. It will be cool to look back later and see what I was going through.

    ReplyDelete