Monday, January 26, 2009

Just a little Off

I was eating today when I had this uncomfortable pain in a crown I received. I got it a few months ago, but when they put it on the crown didn't fit right and hit before my other teeth. It is interesting how something little can be so incredible annoying. A little bit off can cause huge problems. A little something wrong at home can lead to a loss of intimacy, a little thing at work leads to a loss of productivity, and little hitch with God leads to not experiencing fullness of life. With my tooth, I wanted the problem to go away without going to the dentist. That was not possible; it had to be grind down. We all want our problems to go away without any difficulty. It is just not likely. Uncomfortable conversations have to grind away the problem.

Your spouse has to know your heart has drifted because....

Your boss has to know you lost your drive because....

Your family needs to know why you don't spend time with them because...

God needs nothing but desires honesty about the hurt or failure that have caused the distance.

Last month I had one of these conversations that was extremely awkward and I fumbled through the whole thing. I know unspoken words were cancer to the relationship. Not sure much changed on their side but everything changed inside of my heart. A weight was lifted. All this is easy to say and hard to live. I fall short of what I desire so often. So God help us!

No comments:

Post a Comment