Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What is a Kiss?


I read today that in communist textbooks defined kiss like:

"A kiss is the approach of two pairs of lips, with reciprocal transmission of microbes and carbon dioxide."

How boring, it way be true physically but it leaves out all emotion. So much more energy is in a kiss when given to my son as he watching the wiggles or to my wife after we have been separated for weeks. I can feel those kisses deep, burning with love in my heart I remember my 1st kiss with my wife at Camp Olympia. Emotions overwhelmed me. It gave me energy and desire to over come any obstacle if it would allow me to kiss make it happen again.

When life is just actions without emotion we die inside. Emotionless life can happen at work, church, or home. It is not how life is intended to be lived. I believe in a life that is given by God to be lived abundantly. If love has expired in those areas don't be passive take action. Pray outside, fast from T.V spend it with your family., read a new book, leave your job, or go to a state park to search for what you want out of life. Don't fear the unknown; fear a boring life. On your death bed you won't regret your actions but actions not taken.

When a kiss with my wife is just microbes and carbon dioxide I pity you because it should be something deeper. When following God is all about statements you believe it has escaped you; it is deeper. When life is what you do or have you are missing out; life is something deeper or I mean someone that knows you deeper than you know yourself.

2 comments: