Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Competition

Today I got a test to finish up my Gospels and the Life of Christ class. I loved the class but love being done as well. I also just finished up a project talking about something new I learned through the class and I focused on the rivalry between John and Peter. Jesus is questioned about paying taxes and He covers Peter's tax but nobody else. John and his brother James get have their mom asks Jesus about sitting at his right and left in the Kingdom and Peter and the other are upset. After Peter told how me would be a martyr after the denial he immediately wants to know John fate. The one I love the most is at the beginning of John 20 when John has to mention that he could win a foot race as well. In case you miss it John mentions it again in verse 8.

It may not have been that great of a rivalry but I know competition in minstry is something today that can get us of track. Looking at other churches size, budget, theology, or pastor's gifting. I don't know if it is because leaders tend to thrive on competition but know in 1 Corinth. 1 it makes clear we are to be unity around the Gospel.

I am guilty! I just pray that God would humble me and make clear some partnerships that our ministry needs to get involoved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment