Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Family


I was reading today through a book called "Epic" by John Eldredge just to get myself focused on the Christmas Season. I stumbled on these lines which focused my resolve to fight for Terri's heart:

"It came as a great surprise to me as a counselor when I first discovered that children would much rather know that their parents loved each other than they loved them. But, of course, we need to know that love is real, that it endures, that a world of love is planned for us and waits for us, and that we can count on it."

I love Tripp and loving him at this point is easy but to fully love him well is to care and dedicate myself to get the selfishness out of my relationship with Terri. She is the one who knows me better than anyone is this world and unbelievably still loves me at the same time she pushes and inspires me to become the man I really want to be. Epic goes on to point out that my God models that for us in Jesus

"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. (John 17:24)"

I want Tripp to see the beauty of the relationship between his parents and believe that love is real in and through Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment