Monday, December 29, 2008

I'm Back

I just returned from Christmas break with the family. It was a good time with loved ones. Christmas sometimes leads to a little disappointment for me because I have so many unfulfilled holiday wishes. I am not talking about getting socks when you want an ipod type wishes. I am talking about hopes and dreams for my family. More like, that they would have great marriages, no financial problems, healthy, and be at peace with themselves and God. Sometimes leads me to question God about why He is dormant when He could provide hope they are looking for. I have prayed for them and wonder why it seems to go unanswered year after year. Socrates said "One question can be more instructive than a thousand answers" so this week I hope that is right as I am diving into searching God's word for answers. I believe God can handle my questions. I have faith God is Love and growing through doubt leads to deeper experiences of God presence. One of my favorite authors, Mark Batterson, has this line I love "Don't let what is wrong with you keep you from worshiping what is right about God". I preach this week and will bring all I learn to those who hear this Sunday. Pray for me if you are so inclined. So I hope you got all you wished for Christmas but if you didn't I hope your disappointment drives you to pursue answers not retreat to passivity. God bless and Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment