Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Grandpa and Cheese Popcorn

Today I was given a popcorn tin from one of the guys at work. I love them but I seem to eat the cheese popcorn first then move on. I think most people would go to the caramel popcorn first but not me because I have eaten it the same way since I was a little kid. It's weird but eating popcorn brought me back to memories of my Grandpa. We lived next door to my Grandpa and Grandma all my life. I always will love Grandma but as a boy I looked up to my Grandpa so much. He always rooted for us in sports, school, and all areas of life. I don't remember ever feeling like I wasn't good enough to be loved by him. He just loved sitting with my brothers and I on the porch swing drinking tea, teaching us about how life works, or taking us to the farm to feed cattle. He believed the best and hoped the world would bring us all our desires. I loved and still love him even through he died years ago. Tears never stop coming! We all need people in our lives we sit with and are accepted and loved as we are. That our actions or accomplishments don't change the conditions of their love. (I have blue coat on)



I am so thankful that Tripp has a Grandpa that loves him and will be there for him. I just hope my Dad will get the chance to be what his dad was for me. I see in my Dad the desire and drive to be involved to influence his Grandkids. He has to be involved because my Dad is a man of integrity and continued loving my Mom when times have been rough. He gets to show Tripp that love lasts and hangs with people no matter their actions or accomplishments. Love you Dad

4 comments:

  1. Reading this brought tears to my eyes... everything you said rings true in my heart. I have some of my fondest childhood memories with Grampa. I'm so glad that we were able to spend as much time with both of them when we were young. We are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I loved looking at photos today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the blessings have gone both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great stuff - thanks for writing it.

    ReplyDelete