Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sickness

With a new baby on the way I am really starting to get excited about one more Niles to love. Kids just expand your heart in such miraculous ways. When they hurt you hurt when they laugh you laugh. Tripp was sick this weekend and it just breaks my heart to see him hurting and confused after puking all over his shoes. Although the joy will double so will the concern and worry. Terri also got sick which allowed me some time to myself at night to think about how much I love each of them. One thing that was impressed upon my mind was that my relationship with Terri has to come in a clear second behind God and over my relationship with Tripp. He needs to know what love looks like and that it lasts between people. As parents we don't give our kids what they need most when we make them our top priority. They need the family to operate the way it was designed. Don't want to be guilty of childoltry (that what my pastor calls it) before God either. I have to keep the priorities straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment