Thursday, March 12, 2009

Killer Verse

You ever had one of those verses that just always shakes you a little. I spoke on one last night out of Hebrews 10.

26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

I remember this verse because I remember one night my mom read it over us before bed. I was not living up to the truth I knew existed and I sat in my bed scared of what eternity might hold for me. That fear didn't change my mind though because it is horrible motivator. I chose to follow Christ because I heard of His great love for me. Watching Band of Brother about this group of guys serving on the front lines in WWII. Even though they spoke of all being afraid daily of the enemy and death they did a heroic job because they had such great love for those in battle with them. Fear didn't drive them it was love of country and their fellow soldiers. I no longer fear that the day I meet eternity, but I do plead for God's mercy for those that I love that might not be so sure. I just pray that my friends and family would open up to the love of Christ and get over the fear of the unknown. God your will be done

No comments:

Post a Comment