Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Equation

Here is a new equation that I saw on a blog by Mark Batterson: -++=x. Subtraction plus Addition equals Multiplication. Spiritually it means that sometimes we have to subtract some things from our lives and add some others to see God work multiplied in our lives. I have to subtract some things from my life. Like most Christ followers I don't have to get rid of addictions to cocaine or adutlerous affairs are problems are more discreet. We have addictions they could be to money, power, people pleasing, parenting. For me I am addictted to comfort and security. It drives every discesion I seem to make. I have to subtract it and add more faith. I really desire more than anything to see what God could do with my life if I could just get out of my own way. I was thinking over this idea when I ran into this video of Jesus living out the equation. Subtracting friends, food, and comfort for some quality time with God to multiply His ministry. Hope you enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment