Saturday, February 14, 2009

My wife is incrediable.

I love my wife so much today. I love her everyday but today she left some notes for me to find when she went to her mom's house. One had a gift card to Little Caesars and the other, Starbucks. She know knows the way to my heart is through my poor eating habits. The gifts were great but the writing in the card was so powerful it gave me chills. I read it like 3 times over. She knows that words that speak life into my heart. One line said "I love you with all my heart and am so thankful for our love story and the legacy you leave as a husband and father." I needed to hear that. I want so much for her life to be all that she dreamed it could be. She is loving, purposeful, and driven to use every gift she has to other peoples lives richer. What a blessing to come home to a house that is a place of peace not strife because Gods Spirit is in us calling and empowering us to die to serve each other.. Often I fail but good to know that sometimes my love for her gets free of the chains of my selfishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment