Monday, February 23, 2009

Crazy Week

I had a draining week last week. I spoke 4 times to youth, ran a flag football tournament, and preached this Sunday. God is so good, I really didn't feel like I spiritually had anything to give but I have had great response to Sunday's message. Terri thought I sounded angry and I believe I was a little bit. Hopefully righteous anger because I spoke on serving the church. I believe the Church is the hope of the world when it is working right. Ran across this quote by Mildred Cable getting ready for the sermon

"The greatest crime in the desert was to know where water was and to not tell it"

Jesus tells the woman at the well He is the living water the wells up to Eternal life. It is a crime when our churches don't clearly proclaim Jesus in this spiritual dry land. Often because we make church all about what we like not about serving Him. Our church, like most, is not reaching it full potential and it drives me crazy. I felt like a coach challenging and calling people to something greater than themselves. I am not going to lie to felt good, what Jesus wanted said, and extremely honest. Good for my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment