Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Message

I ran across this version of the Coldplay song and have to admit never listened the lyrics. I have always liked the song but I love it now that I really payed attention to what was being said. It was loosely inspired by a hymn called "My Song is Love Unknown". At least that is what they said in an interview a few years back. Here are a few of the lyrics from the hymn.

My song is love unknown,
My Saviour’s love to me;
Love to the loveless shown,
That they might lovely be.
O who am I, that for my sake
My Lord should take frail flesh and die?

He came from His blest throne
Salvation to bestow;
But men made strange, and none
The longed-for Christ would know:
But O! my Friend, my Friend indeed,
Who at my need His life did spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment