Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Down in a Hole

I went to a James Taylor concert this Friday and I knew all the songs minus one. It was called "Down in a Hole" and about depression after losing his baby. I am also reading the book of Job and he was a man who knew what it was like to live life down in a hole losing all his money, family, health, and was encouraged to curse God. I know we often live down in a hole of depression but God offers us Life. We can relate to the lyrics

"Down in the hole
Lord, it's deep and the sides are steep
And the nights are long and cold
Down in the hole
Light and love and the world above
Mean nothing to the mole"


We long to experience light and love but we can't seem to find them. They are not found in things we can see but in a God that in invisible yet all powerful.


Psalm 16:11

You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment