Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Current Readings

Having a break from school is affording me the opportunity to read some books that I like to read. here is the list

Safely Home by Randy Alcorn- Fictional work based on the persecuted church in China. I love it so far setting up the story about two Harvard students that took completely different paths out of school. Good to read something that doesn't tell you how you should feel just lets you come across it naturally.

Crazy Love by Francis Chan- Focusing on those Christ Followers who know God in their heads but aren't living it out exponentially. Tries to give us a higher view of God. I love this line about how big God is compare to what we know, "If my mind is the size of a soda can and God is the size of all the oceans, it would be stupid for me to say He is only the small amount of water I can scoop into my little can"

Heaven by Randy Alcorn- Educational book about our misconception of what eternity will look like and what is the proper view of Heaven. Good to understand what the bible really reveals and what is fictional such as halos, continually praise music, and floating around the street of gold

No comments:

Post a Comment