Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Flunking Evangelism

Some shifts are going on in my job in the up coming months. Nothing monumental or anything but I am being asked to lead the church in the area of evangelism to our local community of Georgetown. Funny thing, because I am scared like most people about sharing their faith and if I was being graded on in this effort so far I would have flunked the class. Thoughts of rejection, ridicule, and fear dominate my thoughts but God gives His Holy Spirit which overcomes all my shortfalls. I am reading all that I can about practical ways to share this Truth and I ran across this quote. It freed me up remember something I already knew but my fear would let me grasp.

"The Christian call to evangelism is not simply a call to persuade people to make decisions, but rather to proclaim to them the good news of salvation in Christ, to call them to repentance, and to give God the glory for regeneration and conversion.
We do not fail in our evangelism if we faithfully tell the gospel to someone who is not subsequently converted; we fail only if we do not faithfully tell the gospel at all."

Mark Dever

No comments:

Post a Comment