Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tired

I just had some of the craziest weeks lately. I finished preaching this morning about communion and how being so familiar with it we can lose the meaning of why we do it. Mark Twain said that this love for the Mississippi river, which inspired so much of his poetry, he studied every area of the river. One morning to wake up will no feelings or poetry for the river he once loved. He said he loved the love right out of it. We do that with communion. Often times in our routines of the Christian faith we can get some familiar with actions we love the love right out of them. Didn't think it was the best sermon I ever preached but know God used it in some lives. Have to go, I am so ready to rest but thankful to have the time to write down my thoughts. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment