Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's another Boy!

I am so pumped about another son. With the joy comes mixed emotions because I do get sad about not being close to home so my family can see my boys grow. Maybe, that will happen soon but maybe it won't. I am trying to rest in whatever life my hold. I know that going home it is never the same and not as good as your remember it. I love thinking back to growing up on a farm, running through the woods, and playing sports with my brother. I know that the joy I remember it with will likely not be present in those same places anymore. At least not in the same way. I love this quote:

"Nostalgia is the greatest enemy of the present."..........Matt Chandler

Dreaming of returning home will always rip the joy out of the present and stop you from becoming fully you. I call to God to return us to family one day but right now I will focus on becoming all I should be in this place at this time.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful to God for his goodness and mercy! Your boys will have a new journey and it too will hold the joy you knew as a young boy. I think it is all about love and being loved. Grandpa and Grandma were so loving and with that came security. I know your boys will have that as well and I hope we (your dad and me) offer that as well in a new way. God has a wonderful plan and I stand in awe!!!!

    ReplyDelete