Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm Back


I know that I might be writing to myself at this point, due to the fact that I took a semester off to finish up seminary. I love the exercise of writing out what God is doing within my life, so I am going to take it up again. Let the fun begin.

I
read Ecclesiastes 4 today, as a part of reading the bible in a year plan, and it said "a threefold cord is not quickly broken." Excellent verse for what a good marriage could be. Life with its changes and uncertainty are hard but it is great when you, along with your spouse, don't face it alone. I know apart from God that Terri and I wouldn't prevail. Not because of Terri, but more because I know me. I would seek selfish comfort and grow passive until our marriage is broken. Thankful we serve a God who offers marriages a 3rd cord in the form of the Holy Spirit. Every day we don't draw near to God is a day we give opportunities for our relationships to be harmed.

1 comment:

  1. glad ur back!
    Amen to the Holy Spirit in ur dad and my life because it is hard but so worth it to have a life partner!

    ReplyDelete